The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you've been looking for all along...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our homepage

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:05 pm

http://www.goohoo.x10hosting.com/

this is our domain for now

ill try to have something up by end of the night
EDIT: i need to sleep, it got a little out of hand =(
EDIT: finally, the prototype is done =)
it may be only be one page, but damn it its a start!
i tried to base it on THIS site.

http://browsershots.org/ (shows you what sites look like on different browsers)

Last edited by triforcelink on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:30 am

what must be changed about this page:
reorganize HTML/CSS (so its more easy to read and edit, check for format errors)
make the page vertically slimmer (i don't want to scroll that 1cm)
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:37 am

Looks really good BoomBox Diddy

lol @ Your Face
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:35 am

i did a simple sketch of what each page might contain and how it might be laid out

Our homepage Homepage
Our homepage Topic
Our homepage Article
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:46 am

I'd want ads to be at the top of the page so you can scroll past it. For contacts we could just make an email account that we can all share to use for website purposes.
Blah Blah Blah
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm

FK wrote:
I'd want ads to be at the top of the page so you can scroll past it. For contacts we could just make an email account that we can all share to use for website purposes.
Blah Blah Blah

OH YESSSS some feedback!
Ok, the reason i put the ads on the right is because supposedly they generate the most revenue when they are placed on the sides, they should not get in the way since we will have a whole separate column for them, im hoping that i will be able to change the colors of the ads so they blend right in with everything else :p
PROVE ME WRONG! GO!
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Typically they're on the left or under the first paragraph
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:48 pm

these guys did both lol http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Emo
btw i think it would look less cluttered if it was on only one side, and if its on one of the sides, we could have adds that match the things you're talking about

--------
anime | ad of site where you can buy anime
your face | a site that sells masks (cuz no one wants to look at your face)
games | places to buy games and accessories
blah | get your blahs here
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:54 pm

triforcelink wrote:
your face | a site that sells masks (cuz no one wants to look at your face)
I AGREE COMPLETELY
If this gets done, you'd be a god among men
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:01 pm

May I ask how you found that website?
Emo fag!
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:05 pm

LOL
actually i typed "wikihow" in the google search bar and a bunch of hows came up.... the emo one looked funny atm so i took that
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:07 pm

triforcelink wrote:
actually i typed emo brethren in the google search bar and a bunch of hows came up.... the emo one looked like something I can relate too
I knew it!
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:15 pm

LOL... asshole... I HATE YOU!
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:37 pm

I like the third layout the best. Anything that emphasizes the "stuff of the day" shenanigans is good, cuz it urges people to come back all the time to check updates, and if its right there in plain sight its good.
Back to top Go down
https://thelostuniverse.forumotion.net
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:37 pm

triforcelink wrote:
LOL... I LICK assholes...
Emo trend?
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Eli wrote:
I like the third layout the best. Anything that emphasizes the "stuff of the day" shenanigans is good, cuz it urges people to come back all the time to check updates, and if its right there in plain sight its good.

third layout? the third picture? (all 3 pics are part of the same layout)
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Oh well I mean I just like to see "stuff of the day" on the main page if anything. It should be in your face every time you visit the main site.
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Eli wrote:
Oh well I mean I just like to see "stuff of the day" on the main page if anything. It should be in your face every time you visit the main site.

"featured" = stuff of the day/week, so you win
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:18 pm

I want to make a profile page, what is something you would like to see on your profile page? I was thinking that maybe you could post your previous work and resume, interests, links to favorite sites...
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Yea I like the idea of profile pages. For example my profile page might have a lot to do with gaming, and what games I've played, what my favorites are and why, etc.

Would this be just profile pages for us, or anyone who wants to create one? Because then it would get kinda hectic. Or maybe not, idk.

If its just for us, then I'll write up some stuff to add to my profile page. Although I think something like this can wait, its not really going to help anything because nobody is going to browse the internet and be interested in my profile specifically, lol. If it was Mr. Bothos on the other hand, hey, maybe they'd check it out.
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:14 pm

If users have their own myspace type profile it encourages users to constantly check it. A bothos profile would be a work in progress because of all his odd quarks.
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Eli wrote:
Yea I like the idea of profile pages. For example my profile page might have a lot to do with gaming, and what games I've played, what my favorites are and why, etc.

Would this be just profile pages for us, or anyone who wants to create one? Because then it would get kinda hectic. Or maybe not, idk.

If its just for us, then I'll write up some stuff to add to my profile page. Although I think something like this can wait, its not really going to help anything because nobody is going to browse the internet and be interested in my profile specifically, lol. If it was Mr. Bothos on the other hand, hey, maybe they'd check it out.

you can add anything you want to this page, post your resume, the different pages you worked on for the site, stuff like that, i like the idea for posting a page for bothos lol

Dislikes: controllers with 12 month lag, booths, and the sea
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:19 pm

stuff that should go on the homepage:

Anime/Manga
japanese cartoons!
(andrew)

Gaming
durrrr what goes here??
(elias, andrew, martin)

Linguistics
for learning other languages, keep track of your progress, i know i will work on this section (chinese ftw!)
(martin)

Eye Candy
things to look at, like art, things you designed , funny pictures, etc...
(elias, martin, andrew)

Audio
soundboards, music, learning to make music? post ur progress! *cough* andrew *cough* if you're doing anything ear related, throw it here!
(andrew)

Ego Busters
thank you boat for all your material, if you think you can crush someones statements, pls unload here!
(elias, martin, andrew)

Rabbit Hole
this one will will be for all the stuff that makes your head spin, science, mathematics, psychology, philosophy, artificial intelligence(i will DO IT), etc...
(martin)

Fitness
ok, i came up with this section only because i want to get into better shape, btw i hope i can do something with this.
(???)

other possible ares of interest:

Your Face
if anyone knows how to get this one rolling... your face is a roll... Surprised your face jokes!

Food
anyone want to take notes on food? mmmmmmm

WTF(andrews suggestion)
things that make you do a double take(or more) could go here

Top 10 (Eli suggestion) - HOT!!!!!!
this is starting out as the top 10 games list, it will be world wide effort ('top 10 world' name of the section?) maybe dividable into different regions, world > continent > country > state/province?
we would also like to have a way of keeping track of how the lists change eg the differences between 2009 and 2010, to see what games are being forgotten about the fastest etc
the items on the list will also have a description(which will be constructed from the different things people have said about the game)

GIVE ME MORE! THE CROCODILES ARE STILL HUNGRY! (oh and also if you have better ideas for the names, "audio" is kinda lame =\)

Last edited by triforcelink on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm getting more hours at my job so I should be able to buy a midi keyboard for my computer (not the keyboard your thinking of Our homepage 328932) and I can finally start using Reason (program to make music with)
I'd recommend a WTF section
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:35 pm

FK wrote:
I'm getting more hours at my job so I should be able to buy a midi keyboard for my computer (not the keyboard your thinking of Our homepage 328932) and I can finally start using Reason (program to make music with)
I'd recommend a WTF section

i may be interested in your quest for music, better be some good techno coming out of that <_<
(WTF addedededdd)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our homepage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our homepage   Our homepage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our homepage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Universe :: Interesting Websites-
Jump to: