The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you've been looking for all along...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your top ten favorite games!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eli
Admin
Eli

Your top ten favorite games! Empty
PostSubject: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Ok everyone list their top ten favorite games and why you like them. You can always add more to your reasons for liking them so lets just get these going!

I might wanna do these for different genres too, so lets see how it works out.

I will post mine later, go ahead and post yours, niggas.

New rule:
Chris Zinc says:
if you list any dk games, you have to put diddy emoticons next to it. Diddy BoomBox Diddy Angry Diddy

New rule:
Only one game per franchise/series afro
Back to top Go down
https://thelostuniverse.forumotion.net
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Not in any specific order

1. Final Fantasy 6 (3 in states) (SNES, PS1, DS)
This is the game that really got me into gaming, and in particular the RPG genre. Although it's far from my first game it's more like a game I grew up playing. A large cast of playable characters with unique abilities and characteristics, I had a blast playing this and one of the few RPGs I've replayed.

2. World of Warcraft (PC)
Best MMO on the market at the moment, and millions of people to play it with. Although this game requires a ton of time consumption for the 3 years I did play it; it was the most addicting game play ever.

3. Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
FIrst kirby game ever made, and the only one where kirby doesn't have any powers. This is the game that set the kirby trend and I've beaten it so many times that I can't say I like the other ones more.

4. Zelda Link's Awakening (GB, GBC)
If I put together the times me and my brother beat this game it's near 100. Has a really fun dungeon design and high replay value.

5. Pokémon Gold Version (GBC)
Monster leveling has always been a fun concept, but out of massive library of clones this one in particular had the best play through for me. Tons of side quests and what not. It didn't have the unnecessary gimmicks it's future counterparts have.

6. Megaman Battlenetwork 3 (GBA)
By far the best battlenetwork game in the series. I picked this is my megaman game because of the variety of styles you use for your "decks" in this game and has a lot of unique stuff in it. Although it can be cheesy at times I put more time and effort into this one then any other megaman.

7. Secret of Mana (SNES)
One of the few SNES games that made use of the 3 player controller add-on. Single player or multiplayer this game has the action role-playing system perfect.

8. Secret of Evermore (SNES)
Pretty much the same as Secret of Mana, except with odd worlds, spells, enemies, and environments. Topped with one of the most whack stories I've ever seen.

9. Capcom VS SNK 2 (PS2/Arcade) *XBOX/GC version is EO and it sucks ass*
Everyone has their pick of the litter when it comes to a fighting game. This is my pick. The groove system, ratio system, and the 3 characters with a good library of characters. It has it's shit characters but the gap between top tier, high and mid is something that can be overcome.

10. Chrono Cross (PS1)
One of the best game soundtracks, unique battle style and an amazing story (though it can be confusing). My first time playing I actually gave up because it felt awkward with no leveling in it. But when I finally sat down and beat it reminded me what a good RPG is all about.

Honorable Mentions

Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES)
An amazing action platform game, and probably one of the more difficult ones.

Turtles In Time (SNES)
Best beat 'em up game hands down. Everyone has beaten this game at least a few times.

Starcraft (PC)
The RTS game that set the bar, I remember playing this in middle school everyday. Custom made games and amazing online play.

Diablo 2 (PC)
A really good hack and slash game. Addicting game play and good online play. This game is pretty much a endless grinding game but fun as hell.

Goldeneye (N64)
First FPS I played, put endless hours in multiplayer and single player. Although Perfect Dark uses the same system just improved with more options, Goldeneye was its predecessor.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
A weird mario themed RPG. It's odd quarks and timed hits makes this game ridiculous.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I don't really have a preference on which Castlevania is the best, especially since all ones since the first GBA one are just clones of Symphony. This one is probably the fan favorite in most cases.

Breath of Fire II (SNES, GBA)
I think the first one might be better, but I can't put up something I haven't played. Still a good old fashion RPG with a turn based system.

Donkey Kong Country 3
I like DKC2 because it's the hardest one out of the trio but this is the one I grew up on and I know all it's secrets the best.

Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES)
Another turn based RPG, but this one was the most fun I had with the system. What really sets this one apart is the 99 floor optional dungeon. You get reset to level one (while your in the dungeon) and have to survival 99 floors only to fight a boss. Read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lufia_2

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)
RPG with real-time interactive combat. I still need to get around to finishing my file.

Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Same system as above. I beat this game 2 days after its release with 50 something hours in it (the day I got it counts too!). Was pretty addicting.

Bubble Bobble (NES)
Other then the music, a really fun platform game.

Joe & Mac (SNES)
Great game to play with a buddy. Go fucking nuts with cavemen killing prehistoric shit.

Contra III: Alien Wars (SNES)
Everybody loves Contra, difficult yet addicting. Probably not the best one but the only one I played.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GC)
Ton of things to perfect in this game. Story mode has ton of things to do, dark side and light side. Finding secrets and unlocking special powers. Then each stage you beat has 4 other modes, and a ranking system. Has a monster raising mode in it but I'm not a fan of that.

Earthworm Jim 2 (SNES)
Weird game but platforming awesomeness.

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)
Don't really like the one player game but had my favorite battle mode.

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64, PC)
Really fun action game, one of the few games you'd play with codes on the entire way through just because of the shit you could do.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Because this game is so odd it has to get on my list. Good fun though. When I looked up its genre it was listed as "horror run and gun".

Beetle Adventure Racing (N64)
Fun racing game where all the cars are volkswagen beetles!

Blast Corps (N64)
Hard to describe correctly to give justice to this game. Just picture destroying towns with machines and having a blast doing so.

Cruis'n USA (N64, Arcade)
Run racing game. On one of the levels if you put on first person you can see bugs get killed on your windshield.

Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
Who knew farm life could but so much fun? Well it isn't, it sucks ass, but as a game its addicting.

San Francisco Rush (N64)
A racing game where you could explore, find short cuts, and unlock other cars through collecting items.

Braid (XBOX Live Arcade)
One of the best downloadable titles ever, a really weird puzzle game where you play as a guy who looks like he's dressed in a orchestra composer getup. Every level is different, but the main theme is your ability to rewind time. Some worlds objects are unaffected by the time warp, and others you create a doppelgänger to solve puzzles. The levels get really creative and hard but it's really good for something thats $10.

Disgaea (PS2)
Really long and fun tactics RPG. Tons of replay value, multiple ends and new game+.

La Pucelle TACTICS (PS2)
Tactics with a unique battle system, had a lot of fun with this one.

Last edited by FK on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:31 pm

1.) Resident Evil 4 (wii, gamecube, ps2)
2.) Majora's Mask (n64)
3.) Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (ps1)
4.) Soul Reaver 2 (ps2)
5.) Tiberian Sun (pc)
6.) Chrono Trigger (ds, snes, ps1)
7.) FFX International (ps2)
8.) Banjo-Tooie (n64)
9.) Perfect Dark (n64)
10.)The New Tetris (n64)

I will post reasons later.

honorable mentions:
batman (nes)
spiderman and x-men: arcade's revenge (snes, genesis)
devil may cry 3: special edition (ps2)
prince of persia: the two thrones (ps2)
diddy kong racing (n64)
metroid prime (gamecube)
armored core 2: another age (ps2)
donkey kong country 2 (snes)
f-zero gx (gamecube)
super mario world (snes)
duke nukem: zero hour (n64)
turok (n64)
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 pm

My top 10

1) Ocarina of Time (N64)
ah, the game of pure perfection Very Happy

2) Super Mario RPG (SNES)
My first and last RPG that i can say i truly enjoyed the whole way through <3

Symphony of the Night (PS1)
this game has good feel, cool weapons and it looks great, i could not ask more of this game, well, maybe the panther soul lol

4) Donkey Kong (N64)
it was a hard choice between the dkc games, but i will have to choose the n64 version because of its corkiness, i think this game has some serious character Razz (it would die if it were compared to bothos' character)BoomBox Diddy

5) Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN)
OMG How many hours did i put on this game? LOL

6)Metroid Prime (GCN)
I have to give all the credit to the first game of this PRIME series

7) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
a game that has 180+ hours on a singe file has the damn right be on my 10 list

8)Ogre Battle (N64)
the countless play-throughs to try to get different endings (50+ hrs each) and still fail because i was such a power hungry bastard.

9)Tiberian Sun (PC)
tho i have not played many RTS games, i know that this one bites the cake! "Building!" "Cannot comply, building in progress!"

10) Left 4 Dead (360/PC)
The amount of replay value this game has because of its AI director is amazing! not to mention the co-op dependability, but the lack of levels and weapons keeps this game at 10

Honorable Mentions:

Resident Evil 4 (Multi-Platform)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PS2)

Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS2)

Onimusha (PS2)

Fire Emblem (GBA)

Perfect Dark (N64)

Tetris (Multi-Platform)
What is this game?

Mario Kart (N64)

Sim City 3000 (PC)

Advanced Wars 2 (GBA)

Pikmin (GCN)

Army Men Sarge's Hero's (N64)

Jet Force Gemini (N64)

Sim Copter (PC)
this game is plain and old, but it was a lot of fun for me back then :p

Last edited by triforcelink on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
doowop

doowop

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 pm

DEFINITES

1 ) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) -- Fun style adventure game with different weapons, fun stages, fun map to explore, and the fact that there are two different worlds (light and dark) that you can teleport between. One of the few games I've played that I wanted to play the entire game in one sitting.

2 ) Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (N64) -- Underrated first person shooter with a good array of guns, long, difficult stages, and the jumping factor is addicting. It's not a boring game, as it has tons of obstacles you need to surpass in order to get to the end. The boss fights are fun and the soundtrack fits it perfectly.

3 ) Super Mario World (SNES) -- Side scrolling game with six different worlds, a ton of secrets, and flying with the game is awesome. Also, the fact that you can have four different kinds of Yoshis, with different abilities, is also nice. It's a classic Mario game, but slightly more advanced and with better graphics than its predecessors.

4 ) Perfect Dark (N64) -- A first person shooter with a lot of weapons and a lot of different stages, with an actual story and a really good soundtrack. The multi-player is the key fun point in the game, but the solo missions are really fun too. You can play multi-player by yourself, too, as you can set up a variety of different sims to fight against.

5 ) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS) -- One of the funnest games I ever played, and the only actual good one in the series, sadly. It has a park editor, where you can actually create skate parks. The soundtrack is tolerable, but doing endless varieties of chains of combos in a good amount of large stages is addicting and has you playing for hours. The fact that I actually sat there and found all 100+ gaps in order to unlock Private Carrera just goes to show how worthy it is to play.

6 ) Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64) -- A game from the legendary series that includes all the characters and stages from all three games, this game had me playing for an entire summer, almost 24/7. Even though there are a lot of moves and finishing moves to memorize, it's still such a good fighting game.

7 ) Super Smash Bros (N64) -- Although the one player mode is plain and sucks, the multi-player mode is fun as hell, especially when you have four people playing at a time. Being able to combo and edge guard changed the face of fighting games, and got me playing it ever since it came out.

8 ) Super Mario Kart (SNES) -- It's a fun racing game with different Mario characters (even though Koopa Troopa is the best Very Happy). The battle mode is the core of it, though, where you try to hit each other with different weapons in four different areas. Although there should've been more stages to battle in, I can play it for hours. (And I'm also unbeatable in it, so that means it's one of my favorites.)

9 ) Diddy Kong Racing (N64) -- Another fun racing game, except better and more advanced than Mario Kart. It's actually an adventure racing game, so you travel to each world that you're going to race in (with your choice of car, hovercraft, or plane). The soundtrack is awesome and the battle mode is really fun. Also, you can play the game in co-op mode, so that's a bonus. BoomBox Diddy

10 ) Killer Instinct Gold (N64) -- The callouses on my left thumb tell the tales of crazy combos and hours of fighting in this game. With a nice cast of characters and a good soundtrack, you can play this game for hours, creating your own combos with the many moves each character has.

HONORABLE MENTIONS/SECONDARIES

1 ) Duke Nukem (N64)

2 ) Super Street Fighter 2 (SNES)

3 ) Winbrick 2000 (PC)

4 ) Top Gear 3000 (SNES)

5 ) Looney Tunes (GB)

6) Banjo-Tooie (N64)

Last edited by doowop on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Ryan K's list:

1.) melee - just fun to fuck around with i guess
2.) kirby superstar ultra - all the different games within it and all the powers make it so there's alot of freedom and experimentation
3.) house of the dead 3 - well yeah but the pace of it is just fun, like alot of the other games have tools you can use to evade stuff, house of the dead 3 is just shoot shit before you get shot, and it has a shotgun instead of a pistol that you have to pump and shit, it sounds mad dumb but it really adds alot of entertainment value. like in time crisis you have a pedal
4.) tales of symphonia - story is good once it picks up later on, not really a typical turn based rpg, more action
5.) dmc3 - amazing...
6.) dk64 - i would say they need to make another one but nintendo seems to be on a "ruining amazing shit" streak so i'd rather they not. i remember when i got it i was trying to like smash the expansion pack into my n64 LOL
7.) star wars rogue leader - its the sequel to the 64 one its on gamecube. they came out with a sequel to rogue leader also, rogue squadron 3 but i didn't like it as much. rogue leader didnt have alot of missions but the missions it had were fucking amazing, and it had a shitload of ships.
8.) viewtiful joe 2 - its fun, the only thing i didnt like about it is that silvia is bloody useless except for certain puzzles.
9.) castlevania aria of sorrow - i didnt play sotn, i played aria, dawn of sorrow, portrait of ruin,and part of order of ecclessia. i wanna play sotn though. i like how dawn is more balanced with weapons and shit but i just liked the pace and stuff of aria better ionno shrug
10.)majora's mask - yeah i liked all the transformations and all the time events and shit. yes lack of ganon sucked. also was a little bit short but its better to be short than drag on like ridiculously imo

honorable mentions:
onimusha:blade warriors, fire emblem 6, contra , drakengard

(i'll fix it up nice and pretty later)
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:00 pm

My list is still half-assed, forgot about kirby's superstar and tales of symphonia. Probably a ton of other games as well =/
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 pm

Things we still have to do in this thread:

I have to add my reasons for my listed games
I have to fix up ryan's list
Andrew has to add his reasons for his listed games
Chris needs to post Bothos' list that he got from him

lol!
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 pm

FK wrote:
My list is still half-assed, forgot about kirby's superstar and tales of symphonia. Probably a ton of other games as well =/
get it full-assed...

Eli wrote:

Chris needs to post Bothos' list that he got from him

Chris... Chris?... CHRIIIIS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 am

Updated mine
Back to top Go down
doowop

doowop

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Bothos List (no reasons, yet):

1. Xenogears
2. Street Fighter 4
3. Mario RPG
4. Marvel vs. Street Fighter
5. Armored Core 4
6. Diablo
7. Star Tropics
8. TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
9. Super Smash Bros 64
10. Final Fantasy 8

= Honorable Mentions =

* Soldner X
* Killer Instinct
* Crash Bandicoot
* Soul Calibur 4

Last edited by doowop on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:45 pm

doowop wrote:
6. Diablo
This confuses me a bit.....
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 am

FK wrote:
doowop wrote:
6. Diablo
This confuses me a bit.....

maybe his mom was on the phone with Chris...
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Forgot another honorable mention, completely forgot about tactic games. X_X
I probably have more to mention.
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:02 am

FK wrote:
Forgot another honorable mention, completely forgot about tactic games. X_X
I probably have more to mention.

LOL i think we can make an endless list of honorable mentions

btw, i started a thread asking people for their favorite games at gametrailers (there are a couple of decent lists)
here is the thread http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/your-top-10-games-and-why-/777804?page=1
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:02 am

My buddy Yousef's list

1. Counter Strike: Source (PC)
3. Final Fantasy 3 (japanese 3)
4. Halo 2 (XBOX)
5. Zelda: Majoras Mask (N64)
6. Super Mario World (SNES)
7. Fifa Manager 09
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
9. Metal Gear Solid (PS2)

Doesn't have a 10th.
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 am

FK wrote:
My buddy Yousef's list

1. Counter Strike: Source (PC)
3. Final Fantasy 3 (japanese 3)
4. Halo 2 (XBOX)
5. Zelda: Majoras Mask (N64)
6. Super Mario World (SNES)
7. Fifa Manager 09
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
9. Metal Gear Solid (PS2)

Doesn't have a 10th.

bug him for the reasons!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite games!   Your top ten favorite games! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your top ten favorite games!
Page 1 of 1