The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you've been looking for all along...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for how the structure should be set up.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
triforcelink

triforcelink

Ideas for how the structure should be set up. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for how the structure should be set up.   Ideas for how the structure should be set up. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:08 am

Hmmm... maybe i should define this a little more, i don't think i got my point across yet. Structure has to do with the look and feel (layout) of our site, it also has to do with anticipation of where we are going with the site in the future. What will happen if we start accepting everyone who wants to join without proper planning? well, depending on our situation, we might start making less money per person the more people there are, on the other hand, we might make a really good community and we wont really care that were not making much as long as we get by (which would be fine by me)

Structure also has to do with who owns what and how we pay people, for example, as i write this we have a plan to give full ownership of the site itself to those who make an actual monetary investment, and then whoever ads content will share the site's income.

EDIT: I'm thinking that maybe ownership should be split between the investors and the people who do the initial setup(the beginning is always the hardest)
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for how the structure should be set up.   Ideas for how the structure should be set up. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:23 pm

I think that for now we should just keep it within ourselves until we desperately need a skill that we don't have.
Back to top Go down
https://thelostuniverse.forumotion.net
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for how the structure should be set up.   Ideas for how the structure should be set up. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:53 pm

I was thinking, maybe we should do a site similar to these:
http://ezinearticles.com/
http://www.about.com/
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for how the structure should be set up.   Ideas for how the structure should be set up. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:02 pm

here is something i was pondering about

every person on this site will have their own profile, they will post relevant ads to their material based off our list
the site will take, say 10% (each person will be responsible for their own content) the money they get, can be put to
use on the main sites expansion which will increase their profit/popularity, from the main page, data can be sorted by
different categories like, author, topic, most popular, the site itself will be constructed like any other info site
like wikipedia for example, where you have related material on the bottom, people will be able to rate your content
and post feedback, bad content will not be removed, but rather put at a large disadvantage when against similar content
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for how the structure should be set up.   Ideas for how the structure should be set up. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for how the structure should be set up.
Page 1 of 1