The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you've been looking for all along...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FK

FK

Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Empty
PostSubject: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:50 am

I plan to start with 2 blogs, one about something everybody has seen and something new or not seen in the states.
Anime #1:
Cowboy Bebop
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Space
Synopsis: Enter a world in the distant future, where Bounty Hunters rule the galaxies. Spike and Jet, bounty hunting partners, set out on journeys in an ever struggling effort to win bounty rewards (money) to survive. While travelling, they meet up with other very interesting people. Could Faye, the beautiful and ridiculously poor gambler, Edward, the computer genius, and Ein, the engineered dog be a good addition to the group? Gun fights, martial arts and the episodic nature is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.

It's typically something everyone has seen and its aired on adult swim several times. Personally I think its overrated, only the main character has a good voice actor in english while the rest suck (at least in my opinion). While I think it is a good show its no where near the ideal/perfect anime.

Anime #2:
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Genre: Magic
Synopsis: Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Toma Kamijo’s right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, but not his own bad luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum - all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.

I probably won't do this one because it's still airing (I've only seen 21 out of 24) but it's different from what I expected. Originally I watched it because I was bored but I ended up enjoying it even though things seem to happen to the main character. While it has its flaws it was interesting to keep me watching and I'm still waiting for the next 3.

Anime #3:
Strawberry Panic
Genre: Drama, Romance, Yuri
Synopsis: Aoi Nagisa is a first year high school student who has been sent to the Astraea Dormitory after her parents are transfered abroad. The dormitory houses girls from three different girls schools: St. Spica's Academy, St. Le Rim Girl's School and St. Miatre Girls Academy. There she meets the representative of the three girls schools, Hanazano Shizuma, also know as the Etoile, she is beloved by all the students at all the schools. The two of them have an interesting first encounter and Hanazano seems to take a instant liking for Aoi.

Admittedly I watched this because it has lesbians in it Smile (I was bored too Mad). It ended up being a good romance and thats something I typically don't like in a show. I doubt something like this you will see in the states because it's yuri but none of the less it was entertaining and I was sad to see it end.

Anime #4
Jyu Oh Sei
Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery, Drama Sci-fi
Synopsis: Thor and his twin brother, Rai, are cast off to a forsaken planet by unknown masked men after witnessing the suspicious death of their parents. Given only a beam knife and a smelly satchel, they wander together in search of civilization on the primarily plant based world. They soon discover the plants have the advantage. Only the strong survive; the ones who throw away their humanity and become the beasts humans once were.

Saw it awhile ago, I'll put more notes here later

Anime #5
Xam'd: Lost Memories
Genre: Action, Sci-fi
Synopsis: Sentan Island is a small island surrounded by the Yuden Sea. It exists in a state of dreamlike tranquility, cut off from the war between the Northern Government and the Southern Continent Free Zone. Our hero, Akiyuki Takehara, lives on Sentain Island along with his mother Fusa. He is currently separated from his father, the town doctor Ryuzo, but the bond between father and son remains. One day, after taking Ryuzo the lunch that Fusa has made for him as usual, Akiyuki arrives at school, where he is caught up in an explosion along with his friends, Haru and Furuichi. The explosion produces a mysterious light, which enters Akiyuki's arm, causing him excruciating pain. He's given no time to understand it, however, as the white-haired girl who rode on the bus with him guides him to a power unlike anything he's ever known.

Playstation network (PSN) anime, I think it's the only anime in HD so far and you can only rent it at the moment for about 2-4$ per episode (HD being more expensive). I just streamed it through veoh and megavideo for free Smile, but this would be a good choice to review because it's supposed to be only rentable. And maybe someone will want to read up on it before paying to watch it. My main issue with this anime is that it was hard to follow are some parts and can get confusing if you don't fully understand everything.

Anime #6
Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch
Genre: Action, Drama, Mecha, School, Supernatural, Military
Synopsis: After the invasion of Japan by the Brittannian Empire, the country is renamed to "Area 11". The young Lelouch, a Brittannian student living in Japan, accidentally gets caught up in a local terrorist attack against Brittannia, reuniting with his childhood friend Suzaku as well as meeting the mysterious girl C.C. Cornered in a life and death situation, Lelouch accepts a power C.C. offers to him, the ability to order anyone to do anything. Harboring a thirst for revenge against the Brittanian Empire for their actions against his family, Lelouch wages war against the Empire. Using his newfound power and tactical ability, Lelouch goes under the alias Zero in attempts to fulfill his childhood vow, to destroy Brittannia!

Insanely popular even though this anime finished airing september 2008, one of the animes I could say come closet to perfection for me. Even though I dislike mech shows (lol bothos) I have to say I loved this one.

Anime #7
Maria†Holic
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Synopsis: The story centers on a sophomore named Kanako who is allergic to men to the point of breaking out in hives any time she comes in contact with one.
She enrolls in the same all girls school where her own parents met, Ame no Kisaki, because she wants to find her destined yuri (lesbian) partner. She meets a captivating freshman named Mariya who fits her criteria — except her seemingly ideal mate happens to be a cross-dressing sadistic boy.

Will add notes for this later.

Last edited by FK on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 am

By feedback I want you guys to tell me which ones you think I should blog about or shouldn't (of course I'll get to all of them but what to start off with)
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:48 pm

I think you should just start with the one that you can talk the most about, like go on for pages and provide screenshots and stuff so it looks professional. Or if you just need someone to tell you one of them cuz you can't decide, just start with cowboy bebop.
Back to top Go down
https://thelostuniverse.forumotion.net
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:57 pm

start with the newest ones, chances are, if you're into anime, you have already seen all the older ones and wont read the reviews. So, make new anime your priority.
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 am

Updated!

Eli wrote:
I think you should just start with the one that you can talk the most about, like go on for pages and provide screenshots and stuff so it looks professional. Or if you just need someone to tell you one of them cuz you can't decide, just start with cowboy bebop.

I only plan to do cowboy bebop if I'm reviewing something else, to be somewhat original. I have no problem getting enough material regardless of the anime and what I do put up won't be the finished product anyway so I can always edit it later.

triforcelink wrote:
start with the newest ones, chances are, if you're into anime, you have already seen all the older ones and wont read the reviews. So, make new anime your priority.

I was planning to do something new (as in something that aired in 2009) but I'm waiting on a few more episodes on several shows to finish so I don't end up half assing a review.
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:36 pm

FK wrote:
Updated!
I only plan to do cowboy bebop if I'm reviewing something else, to be somewhat original. I have no problem getting enough material regardless of the anime and what I do put up won't be the finished product anyway so I can always edit it later.

You should finish something like this in one go or at least make it look finished, if you're anything like me, you will never return to make the updates lol

FK wrote:
Updated!
I was planning to do something new (as in something that aired in 2009) but I'm waiting on a few more episodes on several shows to finish so I don't end up half assing a review.

sounds good , well, time for me to get out there and make a snowman.

BoomBox Diddy
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Update
Decided to do Maria†Holic

Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Vlcsna10
Lesbians are crazy
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:56 pm

FK wrote:
Update
Decided to do Maria†Holic

Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Vlcsna10
Lesbians are crazy

LOL so you like crazy people huh

fyi I think we should make a whole anime section
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:48 am

Maybe I should do some manga too

Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) 1810
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 pm

DO IT! Very Happy how much manga do you actually read?
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 pm

About 4 hours worth, I've read 12 chapters of something else but I started reading something else this morning when I came across the picture above :O. Technically it's called Manhwa because its korean, however it's still publishing Sad.
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:03 pm

4 hrs in ONE day???

you could do like manga analysis "Technically it's called Manhwa because its korean, however it's still publishing"
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:05 pm

-.-
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:09 pm

FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:39 pm

triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:54 pm

FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:57 pm

triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
≥_≤
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:07 pm

FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
≥_≤

X_X i dont see how this is related to anime
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:08 pm

triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
≥_≤

X_X
O_O
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:09 pm

FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
≥_≤

X_X
O_O
G_G
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:10 pm

triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
≥_≤

X_X
O_O
G_G
T_T
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Diddy
Back to top Go down
triforcelink

triforcelink

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:21 pm

FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
triforcelink wrote:
FK wrote:
-.-

>_>
-_-
~.~
≥_≤

X_X
O_O
G_G
T_T
D_D we should have a face thread...

Eli wrote:
Diddy

FACE OR GTFO
Back to top Go down
FK

FK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:23 pm

RUINED
Back to top Go down
Eli
Admin
Eli

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy Diddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)   Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Blog (POST FEEDBACK PLEASE)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next